Tuesday, November 29, 2011

American born Chinese

I found this story to be extremely entertaining. I loved how it was more like a movie with the 3 different stories each having their own individual problems. The monkey king and no shoes who tries to learn the 12 disciplines of kung fu. Chin-Kee and Danny, Danny having problems with a girl and his cousin, and Jin Wang who fits the american stereotype for a Chinese American in everything that his does, wears, and down to the way he acts. I love that all of the stories come together at a twist right when the climax happens. Its actually a great fit for this novel.
The art work I feel was very fitting for the story and I love how they showed the influences and the chinese sterotypes through the images that were used in the novel. I really loved the use of the bright yellow throughout the novel I think it really helps show the energy that is in the book. The color palate is small and I think that it helps keep the story dynamic and flow well.