Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Percepolis

In reading percepolis the first book, It really struck me how young she was when the book started and how involved with the war she actually was. It really took me by surprise to see them acting out the war on the school yard when they were on the playground. It was kind of sad actually to see how much it effected the children as well as the adults. It was a whole new perspective that I never really looked at. I love the way she uses black and white throughout the hole comic. I feel that if she would have added color that it would not have been as impactful as it was. It helps show an intensity, and a friction that would not be present if it was a full of color.
She has so much to say and so much descriptions to all of it. There were many places where I connected with Marjane through her rebellions and through her struggles but I found that her struggle with God had to be where I most connected with her. She was so back and forth on weather she could trust him or not. I also really loved the way that she depicted him, he almost looked more like a cross between santa and father time.